Software Update Enabler
In many settings it is desirable to be able to use a local software update server, but not have the computer managed by a central server. Software Update Enabler enables use of a local Software Update Server by any Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" or later client computer without the requirement that it be managed by the server.
DonationsAlthough Software Update Enabler is free, I am not adverse to being showered with riches. You can make a donation (as large or as small as you like) using PayPal by clicking the button below. If you don't have a PayPal account, or can't use PayPal and would like to donate, contact me at the address given in the Read Me.
Software Update Enabler 2.0 (more info)
- Support for Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" server and client
- Only set the update server for the whole machine, not per-user
- Ask for authentication when non-administrator attempts to set server
- Enhanced Software Update server detection
Software Update Enabler Source Code 2.0 (more info)
- Source Code for Software Update Enabler 2.0
Copyright © 2005-2009 Andrew Wellington.
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.